Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are your opening hours and where are you located:
- Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 5:30pm
- Saturday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Location: 105 Cryers Road, East Tamaki, Auckland
2. How do I find out the size of my tyre and what do the numbers mean?
The tyre size/information is generally molded into the sidewall of the tyre. For example, 185/65R14 86H. This code specifies the dimensions of the tire, and some of its key limitations, such as load-bearing ability, and maximum speed.
For more information click here.
3. Are the prices shown on your website for one tyre or a full set of four?
- Prices are per tyre only.
4. How much is fitting?
Prices for tyres include fitting cost.
Prices for Brakes, Suspension and other parts do not include fitting as installation costs may vary.
5. What happens after I have completed payment online successfully?
- After you place an order with us, you'll receive an order confirmation email with the details of your purchase. If you have specified a time you prefer to come in we will let you know if it is suitable and send you a booking confirmation.
6. How do I track my order online?
We recommend registering as a member for easier tracking of your order. To register as a member, create an account and follow the instructions. You can log in and check on the status of your order online via Order History.
Give us a call on (09) 271 4888 to confirm a time for fitting your wheels/tyres.
If you are out of Auckland and your order is being shipped, you will receive an email with a tracking reference number and a link to the courier tracking website.
7. Can I get my new wheels/tyres fitted from Direct Tyres & Auto?
- Fitting is available in Store at 105 Cryers Road, East Tamaki, Auckland.
8. How long does fitting take approximately?
- To give you an understanding of time, we can usually fit and balance four tyres and also carry out a wheel alignment is the space of one hour.
9. Can I choose to pick up my order in person?
- Of course. This is ideal since the prices on our wheels/tyres include fitting.
10. Can I change or cancel my order?
- Once an order has been accepted and payment made it cannot be changed. Depending on whether the order has been processed and shipped by the store, you will have to get in contact with us to apply for credit on (09) 271 4888.
11. Will my order which includes a few items be delivered at once?
- When a number of items are purchased in a single order, they are usually delivered all together as well.
12. What happens if I'm not at home to receive my purchased items?
- If you are not available to take delivery of your items, it may be left in a safe place or a delivery slip or card-to-call with further instructions will be left in your letterbox.
- If you have ordered tyres to be delivered to your home address, for safety, we urge customers to leave special instructions or be sure to schedule delivery for when you are home.
13. Where do you ship to?
We ship Nationwide in New Zealand.
Free shipping on any wheel and tyre combo. *T&C's apply.
14. Do you accept Afterpay?
Yes we do! We accept Afterpay in store. We also accept Genoapay in store.
Read more about our payment options here.