Warrant of Fitness is a routine safety check required to be carried out in accordance with New Zealand Transport Authority Guidelines. A Warrant Of Fitness covers all the safety checks required for a vehicle to drive on New Zealand roads.
Finding an affordable, trustworthy warrant of fitness provider can be a hard task. However, with Direct Tyres and Auto, you’ll get a quality WOF service, without any unnecessary extra costs.
Is your car due for a WOF check?
Every vehicle registered before 2000 needs to have a warrant of fitness assessment every six months. If your vehicle is registered anytime after the 1st of January 2000 then you need to have your WOF checked every 12 months by law. We highly recommend you get your Warrant of Fitness test and general vehicle service at the same time; this is a huge time and money saver while also giving you peace of mind.
What do you get when you do your warrant with us?
- External Inspection (This includes checking the operation of headlamps stop lamps indicators etc)
- Internal Inspection (This covers the operation of all seat belts rear and side-view mirrors etc)
- Under Bonnet (Here we check the fuel system drive train and engine components)
- Chassis underbody (While under the car we check the suspension brake and structure for corrosion)
- Road Brake Test (While doing the road test we check all the driving functions brake performance and speedometer)
Know your vehicle is roadworthy and legal with a full service and WOF check combined.
At Direct Tyres & Auto we recommend you have your WOF checkup done at the same time as your vehicle servicing, this will give you a more in-depth look at your vehicle and allow us to pick up and prevent potential mechanical problems in the future. When we do a service we check all the extras not normally checked as part of a warrant of fitness; like your oil and lubricant levels which are really important to maintain your vehicle. Click here to see our vehicle servicing options.