How to Buy Tyres Online
1. Find out your vehicles recommended factory tyre size
This can be done by looking at the Users Manual provided with the car. The factory recommended size is usually in the manual under the 'Maintenance' section.
The most ideal way for you to find out which tyre size you should be purchasing for your vehicle is, to look at the tyres that are already installed on to your car. You can identify the size of your tyres by looking for the numbers on the sidewall of the tyre. The tyre size/information is generally moulded into the sidewall of the tyre. For example, 185/65R14 86H. This code specifies the dimensions of the tire (refer to the image below), and some of its key limitations, such as load-bearing ability, and maximum speed.
Alternatively, you can provide us with your registration number and we can identify which size is best for your car.
2. Researching/evaluating tyres and prices
Once you have identified which size you need for your vehicle, you can search our website for it. We have a wide range of tyres from entry-level products to high-end tyres at affordable prices. Based on your needs and budget you can choose which tyre you feel is most ideal.
Additionally, if you send us a request through our quote page, our team can look into the options available and provide you with the information.
3. Placing your order
Its easy to purchase your new tyres online. Simply select the quantity of tyres add to cart and pay at checkout. While in the checkout you can request a time to have your tyres installed. A company representitive will be in touch with you via email or phone to confirm your booking time. This is a new and innovative way to search and buy your tyres 24/7.
We want to make it easy for anyone to search for the tyres they want at the right price at any time.
When ordering online, you will need an account with us to track your order easily, all purchase history and payments are visible in your account.
Once you have placed your order, we will be in contact to arrange a time to fit your tyres for you in our East Tamaki workshop as our prices are inclusive of fitting, balancing, GST, disposal of the old casings and new valves. We understand some of our customers are out of Auckland and in that case, we can ship the tyres to you or a tyre fitment store of your choice.
5. Post-Installation Care
Your tyres are protected for up to one year under the manufacturers' warranty. Terms & Conditions apply.
Additionally, we recommend the following:
- Checking the condition of your tyres. Looking for things such as cuts, cracks, lumps or tears. Remove any objects stuck in the grooves that could potentially cause a puncture, like stones, nails and screws.
- Make a habit of checking tyre pressure. Having correct tyre pressure helps prolong its life and improves fuel efficiency – which is particularly important during long journeys. Checking is easy and can either be done during your visit to the petrol station or at home if you have an accurate pressure gauge.
- Check tyre tread. Tyre tread keeps your car gripped to the road and is particularly important in wet weather driving as it reduces the risk of skidding or aquaplaning and shortens your braking distance. Legally, tyre tread depth must be a minimum of 1.5mm in New Zealand.